FRESHMEN DEFEATED MILTON

In Hockey Yesterday by Score of 4 to 1.--Improvement in Play of 1914.

The Freshman hockey team defeated Milton Academy yesterday afternoon by the score of 4 to 1. The team-play of the 1914 forwards was good and showed improvement over the former games. Sortwell, Adams, and Hopkins played well together, and several times carried the puck down the ice by good team-work. The defence was also better than usual and kept the opposing forwards well away from the goal. The team-work of the Milton players was less conspicuous, and it was only by the brilliant individual work of Phillips that they scored at all.

The game was closely contested throughout the first period, Sortwell and Hopkins scoring for the Freshmen toward the close. Two more goals were scored by 1914 in the second period, and just thirty seconds before the end of the game Phillips made the only score for Milton. The line-ups: 1914.  MILTON ACADEMY. Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Handy Sortwell, l.c.  r.c., Phillips Adams, Stevenson, r.c.  l.c., Felton Woods, r.e.  l.e., Allis Williams, Devereux, Wingate, c.p.  c.p., Talbot Willetts, p.  p., Clark Carnochan, g.  g., Wigglesworth

Score--1914, 4; Milton, 1. Goals--Sortwell 2, Hopkins, Wingate, Phillips. Umpires--Paul '11, Finely. Timers--Vogel, Boyd '14. Time -- Two 15-minute periods.