Two Hockey Games Played in Recess

The University hockey squad returned to Boston on Tuesday and since then has practiced regularly in the Arena. N. H. Foster '11, cover-point on last year's team, who has been sick for some time, reported again. A practice game was played on Thursday with Brae Burn, the University team winning, 4 to 2. The usual aggressiveness was lacking, and Huntington, Hornblower and Duncan alone did conspicuous work. Captain Hornblower received a slight injury to his foot in this game which will probably prevent him from playing for some time, although he may get into the game with McGill on Saturday. Last night a practice game was played with the Boston Hockey Club which resulted in a 3 to 3 tie. Due largely to the absence of Hornblower and Duncan, the work of the University team was poor. Foster played point in place of Graustein, who has been dropped from the squad, and is playing with the Boston Hockey Club.

According to present indications the forward line seems to be settled with Hornblower and Duncan in the centre positions and Leslie and Seamans on the ends, although Pierce and Pratt have been playing well on the second team. Huntington is practically sure of his position at cover-point, and is one of the best players on the team. Blackall and Foster are both playing point, and although Blackall has had more practice this year, Foster is more experienced. For goal Chadwick and Gardner seem to be about even.