Outside Hockey Games During Recess

During the Christmas recess the hockey teams of the other colleges in the Intercollegiate Hockey League took more or less extended trips and played several practice games.

The Yale team went to Cleveland, O., and played a series of three games with Princeton on December 27 and following days. Yale won only the second game, the score being 6 to 5. Princeton took the first and last games 5 to 4, and 4 to 3, respectively. The teams were very evenly matched and the two games that Princeton won were overtime. From Cleveland Yale went to Chicago, where three games were lost to Cornell 4 to 3, 3 to 1, and 4 to 2. The Cornell team was clearly superior and, although Yale fought hard, it was unable to win.

The Dartmouth team practiced in the Boston Arena and played several games with teams in this vicinity. Dartmouth easily defeated Brae Burn on December 27 by the score of 4 to 0, while the Crescent Hockey Club was defeated on the following night 4 to 2. On Saturday Dartmouth played the Boston Hockey Club and was defeated 8 to 3, and on Monday night lost to Technology by the score of 3 to 1. In all its games the Dartmouth team played well individually but was poor in team-work.