University calendar

*Open to University. ** Open to Public.

Monday, January 9

*MORNING PRAYERS. Rt. Rev. c. D. Williams, D. D., Bishop of Michigan, Appleton Chapel, 8.45 A. M. Bishop Williams will be in Wadsworth House 1 daily between 9 and 10 o'clock and between 2.30 and 3.30 o'clock.

PRESIDENT AND FELLOWS OF HARVARD COLLEGE. Meeting at 50 State street, Boston, 10.30 A. M.

*LECTURES ON THE STEAM TURBINE. III. "Commercial Land Turbines." Mr. J. G. Callan, formerly with the General electric company. Pierce 110, 12 M.

**LECTURE. "The Life and Works of Beethoven." (With musical illustrations). Professor Friedlaender. New Lecture Hall, 4.30 P. M. Seats reserved for members of the University until five minutes before the beginning of the lecture.

*SEMINARY OF ECONOMICS. "Nassau W. Senior and the Reform of the English Poor Laws." Mr. a. B. Balcom. Upper Dane 2, 4.30 P. M.

*PHYSICAL COLLOQUIUM. "The Internal Resistance of Lead accumulators." Professor H. W. Morse. Jefferson Physical Laboratory, Room 25, 5 P. M.

CHAMBER CONCERT. The Kneisel Quartet, assisted by Mr. carlo Buonamici and Mr. Ludwig Manoly. Lecture room of the Fogg Museum, 8 P. M. Program: Max Reger, Quartet in E-flat major (first time at these concerts); Bach, Sonata in D major (violoncello solo); Schubert, "The Trout" Quintet in a major, for pianoforte, violin, violoncello, and double-bass, op. 114.