Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

Freshman Football Practice

The Freshman football squad was given stiff practice yesterday afternoon. In the preliminary work the linemen were coached in breaking through by Coach Dewey and H. E. Kersberg '07, while the ends were sent down under punts. Special attention was given to instructing the backs on how to make interference on kicks.

After a short signal practice and dummy scrimmage between the first team and substitutes, the first and second teams held a hard 40-minute scrimmage. For fully half the time of play neither side scored, the work of the first team being very poor. There was practically no interference on the offence and the men seemed unable to get together when on the defensive. The second team backs made several good gains, one forward pass netting 60 yards. During the second half of the scrimmage, however, the first team played better and succeeded in making five touchdowns, four of which were by Brickley.

The line-up: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Smith, l.e.  r.e., Little Howard, l.t.  r.t., Cate Withington, l.g.  r.g., Reynolds Wigglesworth, c.  c., Watson Pennock, r.g.  l.g., Priest Atkinson, r.t.  l.t., Stanton Wharton, r.e.  l.e., Parker Logan, q.b.  q.b., Mericle Handy, l.h.b.  r.h.b., McPhail Frothingham, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Josephs Brickley, f.b.  f.b., Brown