C. W. Furlong in Union Tuesday

Mr. Charles Wellington Furlong, F.R.G.S., writer and explorer, will give an illustrated lecture in the Union, Tuesday evening, on "Tripoli, the Gateway to the Sahara." The real purport of the lecture will be to present to the audience a clear idea of the existing situation in Tripoli in regard to the Turkish-Italian war, with its causes and effects. In addition to this fundamental topic, however, Mr. Furlong will give an insight into the most typical of the Barbary capitals, the focus of the great Sahara caravan routes, with pictures illustrating the primitive tribes who inhabit the oases and tablelands of Tripoli. The lecture is based on the evplorer's personal experiences, and the illustrations are, with few exceptions, from his own photographs and paintings.

Remaining Union Lecturers.

The schedule of the remaining lec-lecturers in the Union for this year are as follows:

November 27.--Booker T. Washington h.'01.

December 5.--W. T. Grenfell h.'09.

December 19.--W. L. Underwood, from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

January 16.--R. C. Maclaurin, president of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

March 11.--Winston Churchill h.'03.

March 19.--G. L. Smith.

Besides the above, lectures will be given by the following, if suitable dates can be arranged: General Leonard Wood M. '84, Augustus E. Willson '69, Governor of Kentucky, J. H. Hammond h.'07, F. Hopkinson Smith h.'07, Henry Cabot Lodge '71, Percy Mackaye '97, Dr. Henry Van Dyke h.'98, and E. A. Alderman, President of the University of Virginia.