FOOTBALL IN EARNEST

Rest of University Schedule Hard.--Good Game With Brown Expected.

Beginning this afternoon the University football squad will start direct preparation for the hardest schedule ever undertaken by a Harvard eleven. The preliminary games with Bates, Holy Cross, Williams, and Amherst resulted in the total scoring of 52 points, all of which were made by the home team. The coming games with Brown, Princeton, Carlisle, Dartmouth and Yale are all in an entirely different class and will do much to prepare the team for the final test in the Stadium on November 25.

Great Game Expected Saturday.

The next and at the same time the most crucial game before that with Yale, will be the Brown game on next Saturday. It is an open secret that Coach Robinson is out to defeat the University team, as last year it was his ambition to vanquish Yale. All his preparations have been made with this end in view and it is expected that he will uncover the plays which he considers effective for this purpose.

Critics Forsee Real Test for Harvard.

One of the best critics of intercollegiate football writes as follows of the Brown team and next Saturday's game:

"Brown's game at Philadelphia Saturday was handicapped by the field which was bad even for Franklin Field. Brown was the aggressor all through the match but did not play as if at the very top of its game. About Sprackling, Ashbaugh and Tenny Coach Robinson seems to have built his football machine, Tenny taking the share of the open field work that fell to McKay last fall.

The attack is shifty and of the usual Robinson variety. As has happened at Brown so often, there are a lot of chance-taking plays, and when these go, something interesting happens. Last season there was no eleven in the country whose team played such an open game as did Brown, although the team had a punch at the same time. The game in the Stadium Saturday should be a contest from the start. Harvard's defense surely will get a test--and the eleven so far has not met any team that could not be stopped dead in its tracks."