Progress in Tennis Matches

In the semi-final round in singles of the fall tennis tournament yesterday, C. S. Cutting '12 defeated J. Tunis '13 in straight sets, 6-1, 6-0, 6-3. In the fifth round Q. A. S. McKean '13 defeated F. C. Haymond 2L., 6-2, 6-3, and will play G. P. Gardner, Jr., 1G.B. this morning in the semi-final round.

Cutting won all three sets easily, and forced Tunis on the defensive throughout the match, giving him little chance to get his offensive play working. Cutting's service proved very effective and he scored aces time and again, while Tunis was unable to handle his serve with any accuracy. Both ran up to the net on their service, but Cutting, whose strokes were working well passed Tunis frequently although the latter made some brilliant places. In the final set, Tunis braced at first but Cutting finally won 6-3.

The results of the doubles matches yesterday are as follows: N. F. Davis 3L. and J. W. Davis '13 defeated G. M. Rushmore '13 and H. S. McKee '13, 6-3, 9-11, 6-1; H. H. Bundy 1L. and E. P. Pearson 3L, defeated H. G. Smith '13, and T. B. Lewis '13, 6-2, 6-0; A. J. Lowrey '13 and E. T. Dana 3G. defeated L. I. Grinnell, '12 and J. R. Pratt '12, 6-4, 6-4; F. F. A. Pearson 1G. and H. Nickerson 1G. defeated F. T. Nelson 2L. and J. M. Ewen 2L., 6-3, 5-7, 6-2; G. P. Gardner, Jr., 1G.B. and E. H. Whitney '14 defeated R. Burroughs 3L. and E. Burroughs 1L., 6-0, 6-4.

Matches Scheduled for Today.

The following doubles matches will be played today:

At 2.15 o'clock: H. H. Bundy 1L. and E. P. Pearson 3L. vs. A. H. Tomes '13 and Q. A. S. McKean '13.

At 3 o'clock: O. Williams '14 and E. R. Hastings, Jr., '14 vs. N. F. Davis 3L. and J. W. Davis '13; A. J. Lowrey '13 and E. T. Dana 3G. vs. E. H. Woods '14 and W. M. Washburn '15.

At 4 o'clock: C. S. Cutting '12 and E. M. Pickman 3L. vs. winner of Bundy Pearson vs. Tomes-McKean match.