FINALS OF TENNIS SINGLES

C.S. Cutting '12 vs. G. F. Gardner, Jr., 1G.B. on Jarvis field at 2.

The final round of the fall tournament for the championship of the University in tennis singles will be plated on Jarvis Field this afternoon at 2 o'clock. The contestants, C. S. Cutting '12, captain of the University tennis team, and G. P. Gardner, Jr., 1G.B., former intercollegiate champion, have shown excellent form throughout the tournament. Gardner has defeated several very good players including E. P. Pearson 3L., a member of the team in 1908, E.T. Dana 3G., and Q.A.S. McKean '13. Although Cutting has drawn easier matches on the whole, he won from H. H. Bundy 1L., a member of the Yale team in 1909.

Gardner won his match with McKean yesterday, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3, by steadier and more aggressive playing, although the latter made a number of brilliant strokes. He proved especially effective at the net and kept McKean continually guessing with his accurate place-shots.

Semi-Final Round in Doubles

The doubles tournament has reached the semi-final round. Yesterday's results were as follows:

O. Williams '14 and E.R. Hastings '14 defeated N.F. Davis '13, 6-2, 6-4; H: H. Bundy 1L. and E. P. Pearson 3L, defeated a. H. Tomes '13 and Q. A. S. McKean '13, 8-6, 6-1; H. H. Bundy 1L. and E. P. Pearson 3L. defeated C. s. Cutting '12 and E. M. Pickman 3L., 6-0, 6-3; a.J. Lowrey '13 and E. T. Dana 3G. defeated E. H. Woods '14 and W. M. Washburn '15, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4.

The following doubles matches are scheduled today:

At 3 o'clock: E. R. Hastings '14 and W. M. Washburn '15 vs. H. H. Bundy 1L. and E. P. Pearson 3L.

At 3.30 o'clock: G. P. Gardner, Jr., 1G.B. and E. H. Whitney '14 vs. F.F.A. Pearson 1G. and H. Nickerson 1G.