Hard Scrimmage for Freshman Team

The first and second Freshman football teams were given a hard 20-minute scrimmage yesterday afternoon, in which the fist team was defeated, 3 to 0. Before the scrimmage the squad was given a long blackboard talk, after which punting and signal drill special attention was paid to coaching the ends, L. D. Smith '12 aiding Coaches Dewey, Clifford and Ervin.

In the scrimmage the first team backfield was slow in starting, and fumbled continually. The ends showed the effects of their coaching, getting down under punts quickly and permitting few gains around them.

The score came as a result of two long gains by Osborn. Miholland made the drop-kick from the 12-yard line.

The team line up as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM Morgan, l.e.  r.e., Coolidge Saltonstall, l.t.  r.t., Beebe Allen, l.g.  r.g., Gary Storer, Hopkins, c.  c., Poole Mills, r.g.  l.g., Warren Willetts, r.t.  l.t., Surles Bulkely, Dana, r.e.  l.e., Hood Grant, Freedley, q.b.  q.b., Boyle Walker, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Tupper Bryan, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Osborn Fox, f.b.  f.b., Milholland