SIGNATURE CARDS FOR FOOTBALL TICKETS

On the circular of information that accompanies blank applications for tickets to the big football games are printed these words, "No application will be accepted unless a signature card has been previously sent in." As to what these signature cards are, or where they can be obtained nothing is said. Graduates and undergraduates alike are left in the dark-some think the applications are themselves the signature cards, while others remember signature cards filed last year and wonder whether these are still valid. The lack of sufficient explanation about the signature cards has led to a good deal of confusion.

To clear up matters a little, the CRIMSON repeats the notice published several days ago that the signature card is entirely distinct from the application blank, and can be obtained at the Athletic Office. Those who filed signature cards last tear need not do it over again this year. When a ticket application is received by the H. A. A. from a man who has not filed a signature card, the applicant is immediately informed of the necessity of putting his signature on file and a blank card is sent him by mail for that purpose. If the applicant then fails to comply with the regulation, his application is cast out, but not before. It can be readily understood, therefore, that the only persons who ate likely to have their applications neglected are those who apply too late or live so far away that signature blanks can not reach them, and be returned to the Athletic Office before the allotment of seats is made. In view of the fact that the signature card regulation is a new one, such cases will probably be turned over to the Graduate Treasurer of Athletics or to the Adjustment Committee who will waive the red tape and do their utmost to see that those who are entitled to tickets receive them.