PRESIDENT ELIOT ON TOUR

Around the World.--To be Gone Eight Months.--Outline of Trip.

President Eliot will start on a trip around the world early in November, to be gone eight months. He will spend a large part of his time abroad in the East, India, Japan, and China, being the countries to which he will devote the most attention.

On November 7 he will set sail on the Kronprinz Wilhelm for Cherbourg. From there he will go to Ceylon and will arive about the third of December. At this point he intends to make a trip into the interior of India that will last eight weeks. When he returns to Ceylon, he will go to Singapore, stopping off at Rangoon and Penang. While at Singapore, he will make a side-trip to Java, and then continue his journey to Hong Kong. A side trip to the Philippines will occupy his time before he starts out for Shanghai where he will go up the Yangtse River to Hankow and thence to Pekin and Tientsin. Returning to Shanghai, he will sail for Japan and will arrive there the latter part of April, where he will make a prolonged stay.

From Japan President Eliot will go to San Francisco by way of Hawaii, and will arrive there about July 1. Without stopping in Cambridge, he will go directly to his summer home at Mt. Desert, there to spend the rest of his vacation.