FINALS OF DOUBLES TENNIS TOURNAMENT

E. P. PEARSON 3L. AND H. H. BUNDY 1L. UNIVERSITY CHAMPIONS.

The University doubles tennis championship, played yesterday afternoon on Jarvis Field, was won by E. P. Pearson 3L. and H. H. Bundy 1L., who defeated A. J. Lowrey '13 and E. T. Dana 3G., in three straight sets, 6-3, 6-4, 6-4. Pearson and Bundy showed better team work than their opponents and used a smashing net game to great advantage. The winners were also steadier and had the match well in hand practically all the time.

The first set reached 3-all, each man winning his service. Here, however, Pearson and Bundy broke away, and were able to run out the next three games and the set through sharp volleying and excellent team play.

In the second set, Dana and Lowrey won the first game on the latter's service, but Pearson and Bundy forced the play, and secured the next three games in succession. Dana and Lowrey then braced, tying the score at 3-3: Finally, with the score again tied at 4-4, Pearson and Bundy steadied and won the set.

With the score 1-all in the last set Pearson and Bundy showed a burst of speed, winning the next three games through accurate lobbing on their opponents' service and terrific smashing on their own. The sixth game went to Dana and Lowrey and the seventh to Pearson and Bundy, making the score 5-2. The losers then braced, and forced the score up to 5-4, although twice within a point of losing the match. Pearson and Bundy, however, ran away with the next game on the latter's service, Pearson winning the final point with a pass on Lowrey's back-hand.