CROSS-COUNTRY RACES TODAY

Chances for Victory Favor Harvard Though Yale Beat Princeton.

The fifth annual cross-country run with Yale will be held over the Yale course at New Haven this morning. The run for freshman teams will also be held over the same course, starting a little earlier than the university run.

The university teams will be composed of ten men, and the first five of each to finish will score. Cups will be awarded to the winners of the first three places, and the winning team will receive a banner. Any member of the University team who finishes among the first three will be awarded the track "H."

Although Yale defeated Princeton last Saturday rather easily, it does not appear to have a much stronger team than the one which lost in the race over the Chestnut Hill course last year. The University team is well balanced and has three good men in Captain Withington, Lawless, and Copeland. In spite of the absence of two of its best men, it defeated Technology a week ago yesterday 32 to 47 and should put up a strong race tomorrow. There has been practically no opportunity to compare the relative strength of the two freshman teams, and the outcome of this race is much in doubt.

The University squad arrived in New Haven yesterday afternoon with all the men in good condition, and was driven over the course over which the race will be held today. The course runs for about a mile through fields, then for five miles over roads and a dirt causeway, and ends with an up-grade and one lap around the track on Yale Field.

The members of the Harvard teams are as follows:

University.--F. H. Blackman '14, R. St. B. Boyd '14, C. W. Burrage '13, F. W. Copeland '13, W. H. Lacey '12, H. P. Lawless '13, K. Roosevelt '12, W. M. Tugman '14, H. M. Warren '13, P. R. Withington '12.

1915.--B. S. Carter, S. Coolidge, H. E. Fitzgibbons, S. F. Greeley, H. G. MacLure, C. E. Morris, E. P. Stone