SLOW PRACTICE IN FOOTBALL YESTERDAY

LIGHT WORK FOR UNIVERSITY TEAM BUT LONG DRILL FOR 1915.

Another day of rather light practice was given to the University football squad yesterday afternoon. At first the regular team with a few substitutes in the line-up held a 20-minute scrimmage with the second, and later on the University team played for 25 minutes with the substitutes. Neither of these scrimmages was very hard, and in neither of them was any score made. Punting played a large part in the latter, Black-all kicking for the substitutes and Pierce for the regulars. A short signal drill concluded the day's work.

Potter appeared in uniform for the first time this week, but was not allowed to take any part in practice, Gardner again filling his place. While the scrimmages were going on, T. Frothingham, Callander, and Milholland spent considerable time drop-kicking.

The line-ups of the first team and substitutes were as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SUBSTITUTES. Smith, l.e.  r. e., Tobey Hitchcock, l.t.  r.t., Holt Leslie, l.g.  r.g., Keays Storer, c.  c., Parmenter Fisher, r.g.  l.g., Stow Gardiner, r.t.  l.t., Jenckes O'Brien, r.e.  l.e., Lingard Gardner, q.b.  q.b., Freedley Reynolds, Pierce, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Campbell Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Morrison Huntington, f.b.  f.b., Blackall

Hard Practice for Freshmen.

A chilling rain combined with a muddy field made practice for the Freshman football team particularly hard yesterday afternoon. Tuesday's program was repeated with the exception of the usual scrimmage, which was prevented by the dangerous condition of the ground. The backs were given a long drill in receiving punts while the linemen were again instructed in defensive tactics and low charging. The substitutes then lined up against the first team for a short dummy scrimmage, after which the second team took its turn against the first; considerable attention was given to forward passes and line shift plays. Afterwards a short scrimmage was held with the second University team. Captain Brickley and Atkinson were in the line-up yesterday for the first time since the Cornell game.

Lothrop Withington '11, captain of last year's team, was on the field late in the afternoon to help Coach Dewey with the linemen. The second team was sent to the Locker Building and the first then ran through signal practice. The practice, although short, was snappy considering the slippery ground.

Tomorrow's practice will be the last in Cambridge before the game on Saturday; the squad will leave for Princeton tomorrow noon.

Hard Practice for Freshmen.