JUDGE LINDSEY'S LECTURE

RICH MALEFACTORS REAL ENEMIES OF PROGRESS.--WOMEN OUGHT TO VOTE.

Judge Ben B. Lindsey, of the Juvenile Court of Denver, spoke on "Some Enemies of Progress" in Emerson D yesterday evening. This is the second of a series of lectures on "The Progressive Movement" to be given this year under the auspices of a committee of the Faculty.

In discussing the problem of the enemies of moral and political progress, Judge Lindsey illustrated his remarks by a number of examples that had come to his attention as judge on the bench, drawing analogies between the young culprits of the Juvenile Court and the full-fiedged crooks and grafters of municipal and state politics.

The only way to stop crime is not to treat each case separately, but to remove its fundamental cause. Criminals as a rule are not really bad, but are victims of their environment for which they are not responsible. The men who are responsible for this environment, usually the rich, seemingly respectable men, who steal millions where the common thief steals a dollar, are the real enemies of the country's welfare.

In closing Judge Lindsey said he believed that women ought to have the right to vote, and that already in Colorado their influence on behalf of better government had been clearly shown.