MEMORIAL'S SUCCESS.

Early in the fall the CRIMSON commented on the selection of Mr. Wilkey as manager of Memorial Hall and looked for a year of great success there. That success has already been made manifest, and everyone should know it. During the first week of this year the average attendance was 660 at each meal, as compared with 670 last year, but the improvement in the food and service soon produced a telling effect. Three weeks later the average attendance for each meal was 967, over a hundred more than the maximum attendance last year. This increase in attendance means that on an average so far this year over 2000 more meals have been served per week than last year.

These figures bear witness to surprising success, and they promise more in the future. They show that the University Dining Council was not wrong when it entrusted Memorial Hall to Mr. Wilkey. They show that Memorial can be a success. Attendance means that patrons are being satisfied, and that means success. The CRIMSON takes pride in pointing out that Memorial is well on the way toward regaining its former position of financial self-sufficiency, and social helpfulness.