NO FOOTBALL PRACTICE

University Squad Given Complete Rest.--Freshmen in Short Scrimmage.

The University football team was given a complete rest yesterday afternoon. Coach Haughton was on the field with Captain Fisher, Wendell, Blackall, and a few others and gave them some individual coaching, but did not put them through any regular work. Bradley, who has been playing quarterback on the second team, and Willetts, who has been playing fullback, were taken up to the first squad. Regular practice will begin again today, though the men who were injured in Saturday's game will not play for some time, Potter being out probably until the Yale game.

Short Scrimmage for Freshmen.

The Freshman football squad was given light practice yesterday afternoon under the direction of coaches Dewey, Chatfield, and J. Parker. Only seven of the sixteen men who played in the game with the Princeton Freshmen were on the field. Frothingham, who was badly injured on Saturday, has gone to his home in Philadelphia for a week's rest.

Practice started with a short blackboard talk for the first squad, after which the first and second teams were put through signal practice. The two teams then lined up for a 15-minute scrimmage marred by repeated fumbling. Except for two long runs by Choate and Swigert of the second team, the play was uneventful.