IMPORTANT CHANGES IN UNIVERSITY LINE-UP

CAPTAIN FISHER MAY PLAY AT TACKLE FOR REST OF SEASON.

Coach Haughton began yesterday to build up the weakened University football team in preparation for the final games against Carlisle, Dartmouth and Yale. The positions left vacant by Gardiner and Potter will be hard to fill, and have made necessary several radical changes in the line-up of the regular team. The most important change is the shifting of Captain fisher to the position of right tackle, where he has not played before, and putting in his place at guard his substitute, Keays. Whether this change will be permanent remains to be seen, but at present it seems to be the safest and strongest way out of the difficulty presented by Gardiner's injury. At quarterback Gardner and Freedley were alternated, while Bradley played quarter on the substitute eleven.

Yesterday's practice started with a long blackboard talk, after which the teams went out on the field for an hour and a half of light scrimmage. After the scrimmage a long signal drill was held in the shelter of the baseball cage. Willetts and Huntington were each tried out at fullback.

The line-ups: UNIVERSITY.  SUBSTITUTES. Smith, l.e.  r.e., Hollister Hitchcock, l.t.  r.t., Jenckes Leslie, l.g.  r.g., McGuire Storer, c.  c., Parmenter Keays, r.g.  l.g., Blodgett Fisher, r.t.  l.t., Stow O'Brien, r.e.  l.e., Lingard Gardner, Freedley, q.b.  q.b., Bradley Campbell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Pierce Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Morrison Huntington, Willetts, f.b.,  f.b., Blackall