TRACK WORK BEGUN

On Holmes Field Yesterday Afternoon.--Material for Relay Teams,--B. A. A. Meet February 10.

Track practice for the winter season began yesterday afternoon on the board track on Holmes Field, about 30 runners reporting to Coach Donovan. As men who have been on the football or cross-country squads this fall with not begin running until after the Christmas recess, the work of the next few weeks will consist of very light practice to get the new men in condition for the real winter work.

The annual indoor games of the B. A. A., to be held on February 10, will be the first meet which the University team will enter. There is some possibility that there may be a triangular relay race of 780 yards with Yale and Princeton, in place of the usual dual event with Yale.

Prospects for Relay Teams.

The prospects for the two relay teams do not seem very encouraging at first, as few veterans will be able to run, but new material of a high order may be developed during the next few months. Of last year's 390-yard team W. H. Fernold '12 and D. P. Ranney '12 are still in College, but the latter will probably be unable to run because of a strained tendon. Of the candidate for the three places thus left vacant, W. A. Barron, Jr., '14, K. S. Billing '12, A. J. de Gozzaldi '14, F. J. O'Brien '114, and K. Reynolds '14, are all promising men. H. M. Warren '13 is the only man of last year's 780-yard relay team that will be able to compete this winter, as H. P. Lawless '13 is still in poor physical condition F. H. Blackman '14, R. St. B. Boyd '14 F. W. Copeland '13, W. H. Lacey '12, and W. M. Tugman '14 are runners who have made a good showing in cross country work, and, with Captain P. R. Withington '12, who will try this event for the first time, should prove to the be good material from which to pick the 780-yard team.