FIRST HOCKEY GAME DEC. 21

WITH M. I. T. IN ARENA. SECOND PRINCETON GAME JANUARY 20. YESTERDAY'S PRACTICE.

The feature of the University hockey practice in the Arena last evening was a fast 20-minute scrimmage between the first and second teams which was won by the latter, 2 to 1. As a whole the second team men played better hockey than their opponents and were able to keep play away from their own goal most of the time. The first team wings again showed the fault of carrying the puck too far down before passing, and their shots, as well as those of the centres, were poor.

After this scrimmage a combination University team played the B.A.A. for 25 minutes, losing 7 to 1. Adams scored the only University goal after a good exhibition of both individual and team-work.

First Game Next Thursday.--Plans for Christmas Recess.

The University team will play the first regular game on its schedule with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the Arena next Thursday evening. This game will take the place of the one scheduled for January 16, leaving that date open. It has been decided to allow the second game with Princeton, which it was announced yesterday would not be held, and this will be played in the Arena on January 20.

Although there will be no regular games during the Christmas recess, a portion of the squad will report in New York for practice games probably with teams in the New York League on December 28 and 29. The whole squad will be dismissed on December 22 and will be expected to report in Cambridge on January 1, when the training table will be started.

The line-ups of the first and second University teams yesterday were as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Palmer, l.e.  r.e., Reeves, Yarnall Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Adams Pierce, Gorham, r.c.  l.c., Hanson Blackall, Reeves, r.e.  l.e., Baldwin, Childs Houston, c.p.  c.p., Wingate Willetts, p.  p., P. H. Smart Gardner, g.  g., S. B. Smart, Carnochan