ANNOUNCEMENT OF RECESS

Will Extend from December 23 to January 2, Inclusive.--Rules Concerning Registration.

The Christmas recess will extend from December 23 to January 2, inclusive. All undergraduates will be required to register Wednesday, January 3, between 9 and 1.30 o'clock. College exercises will be held as usual on that day.

The registration rooms will be as follows: Seniors, Harvard 1; Juniors, Emerson D; Sophomores, Pierce 110; Freshmen, Emerson D; College special students, Harvard 1; unclassified students, Harvard 1.

Every student in Harvard College who, at the end of the Christmas or spring recess, fails to register at the time set for that purpose, may be required to pay to the Bursar a fee of $5 before being permitted to register. Payment of this fee does not preclude action by either of the Administrative Boards in the case of students who register late.

Some students in good standing, living at a very considerable distance, have been granted an extension of time at the beginning and the end of the recess. No other students are excused from any of their appointments.

No student to whom an extension of the recess has been granted is thereby released from his responsibility to his instructors.