Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

SUNDAY CHAPEL.

Though it is true that the week-day Chapel services are poorly attended, it often happens that the attendance on Sunday crowds Appleton Chapel. Indeed, this is generally the case when men like tomorrow's preacher, Dr. Lyman' Abbott, officiate. There is a rule that no seats except in the galleries are open to the public. Despite this regulation, it is not unusual to find a large number of people, mostly women, unconnected with the University, occupying seats on the floor of the Chapel. Many students, in consequence, are forced to stand in the rear. It is obvious that these Sunday services are conducted primarily for the benefit of the members of the University and their families, and not for the convenience of Cambridge church-goers.

Apparently the only practical method to better the present condition, is to bring the fact to the attention of the Cambridge public that, unless accompanied by a member of the University, they will not, in future, be allowed to occupy seats on the floor of the Chapel.