HARVARD, 12; DARTMOUTH, 1

Hockey Team Played Excellent Game Despite Changes in Line-up.

The University hockey team won its fourth game in the Intercollegiate Hockey League series on Saturday evening by defeating Dartmouth at the Boston Arena by the score of 12 to 1. At no time during the game were the Dartmouth forwards formidable and the defence proved but an ineffectual barrier to the rushes of the University forwards. Except for a few minutes in the middle of the first half, the puck was either in the middle of the rink or in Dartmouth territory, the Harvard forwards having little difficulty in catching their opponents when one of them carried the puck down the ice. The only score for Dartmouth came toward the end of the first half when Wells, who replaced Mason, received a pass from he centre and caged the puck on a long wing shot from a difficult angle. Only at rare intervals did the Dartmouth forwards succeed in getting clear of their opponents and their team-work was almost immediately broken up by the excellent defensive work of Huntington, who seemed to be at little disadvantage in his new position.

In fact the new combination worked exceedingly well both on the defence and on the offence and gives promise of being as strong, if not stronger, than the former arrangement. The presence of Huntington in the forward line added weight to an otherwise exceedingly light attack and his speed was invaluable in advancing the puck. Both of these factors should be of great advantage against the heavy Yale team. Foster and Blackall worked well together, the former often carrying the puck through the entire Dartmouth defence and the latter doing some very effective body-checking. The game on Saturday showed that the team will be practically at its full strength in the last contest of the season.

The University attack was led by Huntington and Duncan, and these two made ten of the twelve goals. Nearly every goal was made by one of the forwards taking the puck from an opponent and outskating all but one or two of the other players. The Dartmouth defence was weak, as is shown by the fact that almost every time one of the University forwards got loose, a goal resulted. At the end of the first half the score was 4 to 1 in favor of Harvard. In the second half the Dartmouth forwards weakened and the home team scored almost at will.

The summary follows: HARVARD.  DARTMOUTH. Childs, Pierce, l.e.  r.e., Mason, Wells Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Stucklen Huntington, r.c.  r.c., F. Eaton Seamans, Pratt, r.e.  l.e., Lutweiler, S. Eaton Foster, Houston, c.p.  c.p., Patten Blackall, p.  p., Bullard Chadwick, Gardner, g.  g., Norris

Score--Harvard, 12; Dartmouth, 1. Goals--Dunoan 6, Huntington 4, Childs, Seamans, Wells. Referee--J. Norfolk, Boston Arena. Umpire--G. W. Tingley. Goal umpires--for Harvard, G. W. Canterbury '01, Boston Hockey Club; for Dartmouth, Van Buskirk. Timers--S. T. Hicks '10, Boston Hockey Club and Carleton. Time--20-minute halves.