THE SENIOR DORMITORY ALLOTMENT.

In this morning's CRIMSON is published the result of the drawing for rooms in the Yard Senior Dormitories for next year. The class of 1912 is to be congratulated. There were 40 more applications by the present Juniors than were received last year from the class of 1911. This is strong evidence of the increasing appreciation of the value of the Senior Dormitory plan.

Now that the allotment has been finished, it remains for the Juniors to accept it without question. After the completion of the improvements in Holworthy and the south entry of Thayer, which will be made during the coming summer, all the Yard buildings devoted to Seniors will be practically equal in the matter of convenience. There may be men among the Juniors who have decided preferences for certain dormitories. Such preferences in themselves are reasonable and justifiable. However, if the drawing did not supply these men with rooms in the buildings which they particularly cared for, their natural disappointment should not deter them from abiding by the result of the allotment. Certainly, nothing can be gained by a refusal to room in the Yard, merely because the luck of the draw did not happen to give a group the building which the members of the group specified as their choice.