Meeting for French Students at 2.30

The committee of the Faculty, appointed to nominate candidates for the French Fellowship and Scholarship, has issued an invitation to all persons interested in these opportunities to meet in Emerson A this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock, when the committee in charge will explain in full the nature of the work in each place, the special opportunities offered, and the requisites for each position. The places over which this committee has supervision are the Fellowship of the French Ministry of Public Instruction, at Paris, a scholarship at the Ecole Libre des Sciences Politiques, at Paris, and positions at the Faculte des Lettres at Lyons and Bordeaux.

By special arrangements with the Ecole Libre des Sciences Politiques, at Paris, and the University of Lyons and the University of Bordeaux, exemption from tuition charges is granted annually at each of these institutions to one student or graduate of Harvard. The holders of the positions at Lyons and Bordeaux assist in conducting courses given in English for students preparing for more advanced English examinations. At Lyons there is opportunity for doing official remunerative work and it is hoped that similar arrangements may be made at Bordeaux. Lyons and Bordeaux, besides offering instruction in all the University departments, offer unusual opportunities to the student for seeing and studying real French life untouched by the large foreign and tourist population in Paris.

The Fellowship at Paris, although usually held by some one especially interested in literature, throws open to the student the whole field of studies at the University of Paris and offers opportunities covering a wide range of subjects. The present holder of this Fellowship is H. W. L. Dana '03. The scholarship at Ecole Libre des Sciences Politiques is held by G. Fahnestock '10, and the positions at Lyons and Bordeaux by P. H. Linaberry '07 and H. P. Cooper '10, respectively.