City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Resolution Passed by Corporation

The following minute upon the death of Francis Cabot Lowell '76 was passed by the Corporation yesterday:

"Francis Cabot Lowell was elected an Overseer in 1886; while still holding this office he became a member of this Board in 1895. During this long period he rendered the College many valuable services. He was interested in all the larger activities of the University and no less in the prudent management of its affairs.

"Deliberate in forming his opinions, he maintained them with great energy and skill, but always with a courtesy so natural and unaffected that deliberation in his company never degenerated into contention.

"Important and exacting public duties did not prevent him from devoting much time and thought to the affairs of the College.

"He was a wise, just, and unselfish counsellor and always a cherished associate."