‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

THE MUSICAL CLUBS AFFILIATION.

Acting with the approval of the Student Council, the Musical Clubs voted yesterday to petition the Athletic Committee to accept the clubs in affiliation with the Athletic Association. The idea, though incongruous on the surface, is in reality wholly sound. The Musical Clubs have in the past felt the need of supervision and provision for a continued policy such as their present loosely organized state has not assured. The Athletic Association is the only permanent institution available to afford the Musical Clubs their needed stability and continuity.

The proposed articles of affiliation provide for an executive committee made up of one member from each constituent club, a representative of the Athletic Association, and the manager of the clubs. A committee so constituted should be in a position to handle the affairs of the clubs adequately and efficiently. The plan also provides for supervision by the Graduate Treasurer of the finances of the clubs. In this way the clubs would be secured against loss through misjudgment liable to accompany purely undergraduate financial management. Finally, affiliation with the Athletic Association should greatly strengthen the position of the clubs in seeking the co-operation of graduates in the management of concerts on trips to other cities.