Poems for Garrison Prize Due Today

All competitors for the Lloyd McKim Garrison prize must hand in their manuscripts at the office of the Secretary of the Faculty, University 20, before 5 o'clock today. University 20 will close at 1 o'clock and after that time manuscripts should be placed in the letter box of the door. The prize, which consists of $100 and a silver medal, will be awarded this year for the best poem submitted on any one of the following subjects: "Socialism," "William Makepeace Thackeray (born July 18, 1811)," "Boston as seen from the Harvard Bridge."

Close of Boott Prize Competition April 22.

All manuscripts for the Francis Boott Prize of $100 must be left with Mr. Arthur Foote, 6 Newbury street, Boston, by Saturday, April 22. The prize will be awarded for the best composition written in four voices (soprano, alto, tenor, and bass), for chorus, with or without solo voices, and with organ or piano accompaniment. The time required for its performance must not exceed six minutes. The words shall be either English or Latin, religious or secular, original or selected. The prize composition will be performed in the College Chapel with chorus and organ. The competition is open to undergraduates or to members of any graduate school of the University.