Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

Academy of Arts and Sciences

The annual meeting of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the second oldest learned society in the United States, will be held in the Geological Section of the University Museum on Wednesday, April 12. The afternoon will be devoted to an exhibit in which members of the Natural History Departments of the University will show and describe a number of specimens, instruments, etc., mostly illustrative of current work. At 6.30 o'clock the Academy and its guests will dine at the Colonial Club on Quincy street.

At the evening session in the Geological Lecture Room, the Rumford Medal, awarded by the Academy in recognition of distinguished research and invention will be presented by the president of the Academy. Professor John Trowbridge '65, to Mr. Charles G. Curtis, of New York City, who will then speak on "The Development of the Steam Turbine in the United States." Professor G. A. Reisner '89 will also give an illustrated account of "The Archacological Survey of Lower Nubia."