HUNTINGTON HOCKEY CAPTAIN

Elected Yesterday.--Outlook Bright for Strong Team Next Season.

At a meeting of the University hockey team yesterday afternoon, Frederic Dane Huntington '12, of Lexington, was elected captain for the coming year.

Huntington prepared for College at St. Paul's School, Concord, N. H., where he played point on the hockey team. He was captain and point of his Freshman hockey team, as well as centre on the 1912 football team. In his Sohpomore year he played point on the University hockey team, but this year was shifted to coverpoint. Last fall he was substitute centre on the University football team. Huntington was chosen by Trainer W. E. Quinn for coverpoint on the collegiate All-America team, and he has been playing at coverpoint in the Boston Hockey Club line-up in a number of its games this season.

Prospects for Next Year.

The outlook for a strong hockey team next year is unusually bright. Of the eight men who won the University insignia this year, O. M. Chadwick at goal, N. Foster at point, and R. Hornblower. R. C. Leslie and W. S. Seamans, Jr., forwards, will be lost by graduation. R. E. Durran '12, who played left centre this season, will be the only University forward eligible again next year. However Hopkins and Sortwell, of this year's victorious Freshman team, should fit in wide left end and right end, respectively. For the remaining forward position, R. C. Gilford '12, if eligible, will undoubtedly prove better than any of the substitutes from this year's University squad. Of the latter, the most promising are J. S. Childs '12, F. H. Palmer '13, and E. P. Pierce, Jr., '12.

The defence should be very strong with Captain F. D. Huntington '12 at coverpoint. R. M. Blackall '12 and W. A. Willetts '14, captain of the Freshman team, will furnish excellent material for point, while H. B. Gardner '13 seems to be the natural selection at goal