A Few Facts on Senior Spread.

Communication

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Since there seems to be a good deal of doubt among the members of the Senior class as to just what the Senior Spread is, I take the liberty of shedding a little light on the subject through the medium of your columns.

The Senior Spread is the Dance of the Senior year, and is given in Memorial Hall on the night before Class Day. It is to Senior year what the Junior Dance was to Junior year, only more so. No young lady will feel her visit to Cambridge has been a success unless she has been taken to the Senior Spread.

Like the Junior Dance, there will be dance programs, which this year will probably be in the form of leather card-cases with the Harvard seal embossed thereon (a trophy every member of the fair sex will cherish with pride and show to her progeny years hence).

The Delta west of Memorial, in which the statue of John Harvard stands, will be fenced in and decorated with Japanese lanterns and laurel, while bay and spruce trees will form the boxes, where the couples may sit in the open air and listen to the band concerts given between the dances, a new feature this year. Supper will be served continuously from 9 until 12 at tables strewn with flowers and arranged out of doors in the Delta. In short, this is a chance no Seniors who believe in fairies can afford to miss.

Unlike the Junior Dance in the Union, the floor is excellent and is quite large enough to prevent any possibility of over-crowding, the decorating of the boxes is attended to by the committee (free of charge), and a very competent corps of ushers has been selected from the cream of the class of '12 to take charge of all the details on the night of the dance. In fact all that the Seniors have to do is to secure their tickets at once, invite their three best girls, send their names to the committee, and I will do the rest. THE SENIOR SPREAD COMMITTEE.   Hollis North.