‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

Ricardo Prize Examination Saturday

The examination for the Ricardo Prize Scholarship will be held in Upper Dane on Saturday at 9 o'clock. The Scholarship, which has an annual income of $350, is awarded to a student who shall be a member of the Senior class or of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and who shall devote himself to the study of economics, and, more particularly, of problems connected with public service industries. The scholarship is awarded without regard to the pecuniary needs of the candidates.

At the examination a list of subjects is submitted and each candidate is expected to write on the spot an essay on one of them. Some of the subjects will be in Economics, some in History, and some in Government. The examination is intended to be a test of power, so arranged that no special preparation for it can be made. All students who intend to compete should leave their names in the office of the Department of Economics in Upper Dane.

The award will be made not solely upon the basis of the examination; the general record of the candidate and his ability as shown in other written work will be taken into account.