PUBLICATION OF THE MEDICAL LECTURES.

For the last two years the Faculty of Medicine has been giving on Sunday afternoons during the winter a series of free public lectures on important medical subjects. These lectures at the Medical School have been very well attended and have proved extremely successful in giving to the people a practical knowledge of medical procedure in the prevention and cure of disease. The lecturers are among the most able men in the country in their several departments; the subjects are of extreme importance, and they are explained in a way which makes them capable of being understood by the non-scientific man. Among the lectures of this last winter were Infantile Paralysis, the Duties of the Individual in the Maintenance of Public Health, Surgical Operations, and Sex Hygiene. Would it not be possible to publish these lectures in book form at the end of the course and to distribute them rather widely? The lectures would thus reach several times as many people as they do, and their practical value to the community as well as their indirect advantage to the Medical School would be manifoldly increased.