Registration in Shop Work Courses

All students who expect to take the courses in Shop Work this summer must register in Room 304 of Pierce Hall this afternoon between 2.30 and 4.30 o'clock. The courses given are listed as Engineering 10a, Chipping, Filing, and Fitting-Use of hand tools; Engineering 10b, Blacksmithing-Use of tools; forging, welding, and tool dressing; Engineering 10c, Pattern Making and Foundry Practice-Use of wood-working tools; and Engineering 10e, Machine Shop Practice-Use of machine tools, construction of parts of machinery.

Courses 10a and 10b will begin Monday morning, June 19, at 8 o'clock, at the Rindge Technical School, corner of Broadway and Irving street, and Courses 10c and 10e will begin later in the summer. Each course will last ninety hours and will consist of lectures by Mr. E. R. Markman and laboratory work. All four of these courses may be taken in one summer and should in all cases precede the instruction in Machine Design (Engineering 14a). The four shop work courses may be counted towards the degree of S. B. as the equivalent of one and one-half courses. They cannot be counted towards the degree of A.B.