Publication by Forestry Club

The Harvard Forestry Club has just brought out, through the University Publication Office, a bulletin containing technical articles by students, graduates, and instructors of the Division of Forestry. This publication has been undertaken partly as a means of recording the results of operations and experiments in the Harvard Forest and partly as a means of bringing together in available forms, brief notes and observations from students and graduates engaged in professional work. It is expected that the bulletin will be issued once a year, or oftener if sufficient material is secured. Among the papers in the present issue are an illustrated account of one year's cutting in the Harvard Forest, a list of the trees and shrubs of the Forest, a description of the use and construction of lumber flumes in California, and a discussion of practical methods of land surveying in forestry. Most of these articles, particularly the list of shrubs and trees will be of use to students in the regular course of instruction, and in such cases reprints will be made. Copies of the bulletin may be obtained at the Publication Office, 2 University Hall.