B. A. A. DEFEATED IN HOCKEY

UNIVERSITY TEAM VICTORIOUS, 1 TO 0, IN LAST NIGHT'S PRACTICE.

The University hockey team held a long and rather slow scrimmage with the B. A. A., in the Arena yesterday evening, which it won by the score of 1 to 0. Owing to poor ice neither team could carry the puck well, consequently play seemed disorganized. The University forwards were unable to get started together and failed to keep in their places; but owing to the team's defensive work had more chances to score than the B. A. A. All but one of these were lost through weak and inaccurate shooting. Pierce made the only score by quick stick work in a scrimmage before the B. A. A. goal.

The line-ups were as follows: HARVARD.  B. A. A. Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., Hornblower Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Winsor Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Hicks Pierce, Reeves, r.e.,  l.e., G. P. Gardner, Jr., Leslie Blackall, c.p.,  c.p., Heron Willetts, p.  p., N. H. Foster H. B. Gardner, Smart, g.  g., Canterbury

Hockey Games Tonight and Monday.

Princeton vs. Cornell.

The Princeton and Cornell teams will play the third game of the Intercollegiate Hockey League series at Syracuse tonight. Princeton will probably win, as Cornell has made a poor showing so far this year, even against comparatively weak teams.

Two other outside college games are scheduled for today, Yale vs. Technology at New Haven, and Amherst vs. Trinity at Amherst.

B. A. A. vs. Montreal A. A. and Dartmouth vs. Columbia.

Games are scheduled in the Arena for tonight and Monday, the B. A. A. meeting its third Canadian opponent, the Montreal A. A., this evening at 8.15 o'clock, and Dartmouth and Columbia playing the fourth game of the Intercollegiate League series at the same time on Monday.

Hockey Games Tonight and Monday.

Princeton vs. Cornell.