"PHILOSOPHY AND LIFE"

Dr. Ladd Emphasized Fact That True Philosophy Works for Betterment of Human Welfare.

Dr. George Trumbull Ladd, Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at Yale University, will lecture on the subject "Philosophy and Life" in Emerson J this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be given under the auspices of the Harvard Philosophical Club and will be open to all members of the University.

Professor Ladd graduated from Western Reserve University in 1864, and five years later from Andover Theological Seminary. Since that time he has been engaged in the study of philosophy, psychology and metaphysics in this country, having occupied the chair of Philosophy at Yale for over thirty years. Professor Ladd has also made an international reputation as a lecturer on philosophical subjects, and is widely known through his experiences in Japan, India and the Hawaiian Islands. In 1907 he was unofficial adviser to Prince Ito in Korea at which time he was decorated with the Order of the Rising Sun, by the Emperor of Japan. Dr. Ladd is the author of many authoritative works on philosophy, psychology and religion.