HOCKEY TEAM DEFEATED TECH.

BY SCORE OF 10 TO 3 IN FAST PRACTICE GAME IN ARENA. DEFENSIVE WORK GOOD.

Practice for the University team last night consisted of a fifty-minute scrimmage with the Technology seven, which Harvard won 10 to 3. The defence was strong and the forwards followed back well, but the offensive work was not up to standard. The rebounds or the passes from the corners were poor.

In taking the puck down the ice the forwards, especially Huntington and Sortwell, showed up well. Duncan played his usual game around the opponents cage, but was at a disadvantage, owing to the body-checking of the Technology defence.

Softwell scored the first goal toward the middle of the first half on a pass from Duncan. This was followed soon after by a goal made by Hurlbut of Technology. Play see-sawed back and forth in the middle of the rink for some time after this, Sortwell, Pierce, and Blackall finally scoring in quick succession. Then came Technology's final score of that half followed almost immediately by a good bit of individual work by Huntington resulting in a goal.

In the second period the scores came more rapidly. Late in the game substitutes were put in the game substitutes were put in and the speed of the team was slackened.

The line-ups: HARVARD.  TECHNOLOGY. Sortwell, Baldwin, l.e.  r.e., Tearance Duncan, Adams, l.c.  r.c., Sloan Huntington, r.c.  l.c., Humbut Pierce, Reevee, r.c  l.c., Storke Blackall, c.p.  c.p., Stucklen Willetts, p.  p., Eichorn Gardner, g.  g., Ranner