SUCCESSFUL WESTERN TRIP

MUSICAL CLUBS GIVEN RECEPTIONS IN SEVERAL CITIES.

The Musical Clubs returned yesterday from a most successful trip to the Middle West. The audiences ranged in size from 600 in Buffalo to 1500 in Chicago. Receptions, dinners and dances were given for the clubs in each of the cities visited. The travelling arrangements were completed without serious delay or inconvenience at any point, and a commendable order was maintained by the members of the clubs on all occasions.

The first concert was held in Spring field on Friday, December 22, and was followed by a reception and dance. Saturday was spent travelling from Spring field to Cleveland, where a tea and dinner parties were given before the concert and a dance afterward. Sunday afternoon the clubs reached Chicago and were entertained at the University Club till Christmas morning. A Christmas dinner and tea were given in Milwaukee, followed by the concert. Tuesday afternoon the clubs reached Minneapolis where they were entertained at the Minneapolis Club and at miscellaneous dinner parties. Wednesday the clubs arrived at Chicago in the early afternoon. A dinner was given at the University Club and after the concert, the Harvard-Yale ball was held in the Hotel La Salle.

Thursday afternoon was spent in St. Louis and the regular concert given in the evening. Friday morning the clubs were taken through Kansas City in automobiles, and after a luncheon at the Hotel Baltimore, a reception and dance were held at the Country Club. Saturday afternoon a reception was given to the clubs in Omaha, and in the evening a dinner in the Omaha Club.

Sunday was spent travelling toward Buffalo, and Monday morning the clubs had three hours at Niagara. In the afternoon a luncheon and a tea were given in Buffalo followed by the last concert of the trip. The clubs reached Cambridge late yesterday afternoon.

The same program was given in each of the nine concerts. Between the more properly musical numbers of the program solos, comic numbers and "stunt" pieces were interpolated. Each club was received heartily in each concert and the Glee Club quartet was given much high praise.