FIRST YEAR OF PULITZER SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM.

The Pulitzer School of Journalism at Columbia University has opened for its first year's work, the only institution of its kind in existence. The "Cornell Daily Sun" has the following to say of the new branch of university instruction:

"Such has been the interest taken in the Pulitzer School of Journalism at Columbia University that prospective students are coming from different parts of the world to pursue studies during the first year of the institution's existence. The Dean of the school is Dr. Talcott Williams, who was speaker at the CRIMSON dinner last spring.

"Among the 50 enrollments is one from South Africa. Another of the enrolled is the son of the editor of a great Hungarian newspaper who has translated Bernard Shaw's plays into the Maygar tongue. One-fifth of the students are newspaper men or men who have had experience in the newspaper profession. Most of these intend to continue their business along with their studies and thereby earn money enough to put themselves through.

"The new building for the school is now in course of construction and pending its completion classes will meet in the various halls on the Columbia Campus. The limit of the enrollment is 100 and it is expected that nearly that many will enter this fall."