Public Speaking Requirements

In order better to accommodate students in the arrangement of their courses, the courses in Public Speaking, instead of extending through the year, are now given three times a week in the half-year. But since a half-year is a short period for satisfactory vocal development, students in all the counting courses are required to take, in addition to the regular half-course, one hour a week in the other half-year, thus making up the average of two hours a week through the year, which was the amount of class work formerly required.

The one hour course in the first half-year is Course B, which must be taken by students who wish to take Course 2 or 3 or 4 in the second half-year. Students wishing to take Public Speaking 2 or 3 or 4 in the second half-year should therefore apply at once for Course B. For courses A and B and C no additional fee is charged. New sections for Public Speaking 3 in addition to these given in the pamphlet are announced among the official notices.

Students graduating at mid-years, or having other important reason, may take all the work, four hours a week, in the first half-year.