SPEAKERS' CLUB PRIZE

Offered for Extemporaneous Speaking.--Interesting Fall Program.

The first regular meeting of the Speakers' Club will be held in the Banquet Room of Memorial Hall this evening at 6 o'clock. At this meeting Professor Bliss Perry will speak on the work of the club in the University. The meeting will be open to members of the club and their invited guests. Members should reserve plates with the Secretary by noon today.

During this year the Speakers' Club has planned, in continuance of the policy inaugurated two years ago and carried out successfully last spring, to conduct several open meetings for the discussion of University and National problems. The club thus intends to be of direct service to the University. At these open meetings, coming at regular intervals, men particularly interested in the topic under consideration will be invited to lead the discussion. The first of these meetings will be held in the near future and the subject will be the "Political Situation."

The New Prize and Schedule.

Through the generosity of a friend of the Speakers' Club, an additional means of promoting the club's purposes has been provided. A prize of fifty dollars, which it is hoped will become an annual award, will be given for excellence in extemporaneous speaking, in a public competition. The details of the contest and the rules governing the award will soon be announced.

The club calendar for the first half-year is as follows:

Oct. 15.--Address, Professor Bliss Perry.

Oct. 29.--The College Man in Politics.

Nov. 12.--The Gymnasium.

Nov. 26.--Assistants and Section Meetings.

Dec. 10.--A Two Sport Rule in Activities.

Jan. 7.--The Harvard Man in his Home Town. (Territorial Clubs).

Jan. 21.--Winter Sports.

Feb. 4.--Books.