FOOTBALL WITH AMHERST

CHANGE IN UNIVERSITY TEAM LINE-UP.--CAPT. WENDELL NOT TO PLAY.

The University football team will meet the Amherst eleven in the fourth game of the season on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Last year Amherst was defeated, 11 to 0, but the field was so wet and slippery that the score did not slow the comparative merits of the teams, the University goal-line never being in danger at any stage of the game.

This year the visitors have defeated Colgate, 13 to 0, and the Springfield Training School, 14 to 3, but as neither of these teams has played Harvard, it is not possible to make a comparison. The Amherst team is built around a nucleus to five of the men who played here last year and should be a formidable aggregation.

Changes in University Line-Up.

There are several changes in the Harvard line-up. Bradlee will be seen at fullback in place of Wendell, as the latter received a cut behind the ear in Thursday's scrimmage, and although it is not serious it was thought best that he be given a rest. Coolidge will start the game at right end and Trumbull at right guard. Storer returns to his position of left tackle after a week's rest and will add materially to the strength of that side of the line. It is probable that there will be a number of substitutions, especially in the end positions, as the preliminary season is coming to a close and it is necessary to try out all the men of promise.

Hard Work During the Past Week.

During the week the practice has been hard. Long scrimmages with either the second or Freshman teams have occurred daily. Yesterday the practice was light but long between teams A and B. Every time teak A came within the 30-Yard line, Brickley tried a field goal. He made three out of six attempts. Felton was placed on team B to punt while Bradlee kicked for team A. Line-ups for Today. The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  AMHERST. Felton, l.e.  r.e., Whitten Storer, l.t.  r.t., Konold Pennock, l.g.  r.g., Lind Parmenter, c.  c., Chamberlain Trumbull, r.g.  l.g., C. Shumway Hitchcock, r.t.  l.t., Morrow Coolidge, r.e.  l.e., Proudfoot Gardner, q.b.  q.b., Hubbard Brickley, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Moore H. Hardwick, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Connolly Bradlee, f.b.  f.b., McGay

Officials: Referee, N. A. Tufts, of Brown. Umpire, G. N. Bankart, of Dartmouth, Head-linesman, H. L. Dadmum, of Worcester. Time, 12-minute quarters.