INTERCLASS DEBATING TRIALS

SUBJECT FOR DISCUSSION ONE OF IMMENSE INTEREST.--WOMAN SUFFRAGE.

Interclass debating, which is being tried for the first time this year, will begin on November 4. The subject for discussion will be, "Resolved, That woman suffrage should be adopted by all states in this country."

Trials for the Freshmen will be held on November 4, and for the Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors on the following Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, respectively. All trials will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock. Each man will be allowed to speak for five minutes on either side of the question. From these preliminary trials, six men will be retained to debate against each other in a second trial. Of these three will make the team.

The Freshmen and Sophomores, and the Juniors and Seniors will compete, the two winning teams meeting for the deciding contest. Individual cups have been ordered for the successful team and will be on display next Monday. The judges have not yet been chosen.

Men intending to enter the trials should send their names to M. Suravitz 1L., Perkins 11, before next Monday.