LIGHT WORK FOR FRESHMEN

First Team Backs Played Together Well in Scrimmage.

The 1916 football squad was given an easy practice yesterday afternoon. Work was of an elementary nature and decidedly light as compared with Tuesday's hard drill.

After the usual passing, blocking and charging practice teams A and B ran through fast signal drill; Mahan, McKinlock, and Miller in the backfield for team A played well together. Special attention was given to the development of the forward pass.

During the first team signal practice two line-ups were chosen from squad B and a short scrimmage was held. Kenny secured the ball on the kick-off and ran it back twenty yards. The ball was soon advanced to the 30-yard line, where Bigelow broke away for a pretty run through the entire second team for a touchdown, the only score of the afternoon. On the whole the second squad scrimmage was very poor, marred by continual fumbles and careless playing.

The Line-ups.

The first team of squad B lined up for scrimmage yesterday as follows: l.e., W. F. Boyden; l.t., H. L. Whitmarsh; l.g., J. W. Middendorf; c., A. Winsor; r.g., G. L. Williams; r.t., J. R. Coffin; r.e., F. R. Devereux; q.b., G. C. Haydock; r.h.b., J. L. Bigelow; l.h.b., K. E. Kenny; f.b., F. L. Marsh.