MANY CANDIDATES REPORT

List of Men Competing for Managerships of Three Major Sports.

Competition for the position of second assistant manager of the University crew began yesterday afternoon and will last until the close of fall rowing, about the first of November. The competition for manager and assistant manager of the Freshman crew which ordinarily begins in the fall will not commence until after the mid-years when spring rowing will start. The following men reported for the University competition: F. J. Bassett, P. T. Cate, W. B. Clarke, R. C. Cobb, D. C. Cottrell, W. P. Fay, S. E. Guild, Jr., S. S. Hall, Jr., H. Parkman, Jr., H. A. Sargent, R. B. Southgate.

Baseball Competition.

In the competition for the position of second assistant baseball manager of University baseball which began some time ago and will continue until the middle of November, three men have been retained: R. E. Allen '15, L. Cunningham '15, and J. S. Fleek '15.

Candidates for Track Manager.

At a meeting in Thayer 6 last evening, the following men reported to try for the positions of manager and assistant manager of the Freshman track team: H. R. Anderson, B. E. Carter, F. P. Clement, Jr., D. H. Ingram, H. M. Holmes, C. E. Kennedy, G. H. Priest, J. R. Torrey, R. W. Wood, Jr.

This number, nine in all, is much smaller than in former years and it is hoped that many more men will come out. The competition will last only about seven weeks. New candidates will report to C. G. Squibb '14, at the Locker building today at 3 o'clock.