ENGLISH BISHOP TO PREACH

Rt. Rev. Edward Stuart Talbot, Bishop of Winchester, Will Give Service in Appleton Chapel Sunday.

The Rt. Rev. Edward Stuart Talbot, D.D., Bishop of Winchester, England, will preach in Appleton Chapel Sunday morning at the 11 o'clock service. Dr. Talbot was born on February 19, 1844, and was the second son of Hon. J. C. Talbot, fourth son of Earl Talbot. He received his early education at the Charterhouse School, and later studied at Christ Church, Oxford. Among the many positions that he has held, have been the following: Vicar of Leeds, 1889-95; Hon. Canon of Ripon; Chaplain-in-ordinary to the Queen, 1894. From 1895 to 1905 he was Bishop of Rochester and from 1905 to 1911 he was Bishop of Southwark. In 1911 he was made Bishop of Winchester.

Dr. Talbot is the author of several well-known works, among the most important being the folowing: "Influence of Christianity on Slavery"; "Some Titles and Aspects of the Eucharist"; "Leeds Parish Church Sermons"; "The Fullness of Christ"; "Some Aspects of Christian Truth"; "Southwark Sermons".

South Gallery Reserved for Students.

In order to accommodate the number of students who will probably attend the service on Sunday, it has been decided to reserve for students, in addition to the usual seats, the whole south gallery. No seats, except in the north gallery will therefore be open to the public. Students of the University accompanied by friends enter by the south side door, while officers of the University and their families enter at the north side door.