Football at Other Colleges

Yale Has Been Worked Hard.

The Yale football team has gone through a hard week's training. With the exception of Captain Spalding and a few stars, all the men have been put into hard scrimmages every day. Captain Spalding has been resting because of slight stomach trouble, but he will surely play in today's game with Syracuse. Bomeisler, the all-American end, will be out of the game for at least two weeks. The rudimentary drills with dummy and ball have been excessively long. Yesterday afternoon the freshmen were scrimmaged, and Warren, right tackle, was cut about the face. He will play in today's game, nevertheless.

Princeton Seems Worried.

The Princeton football team started in the week with hard and long scrimmages to prepare for last Thursday's game with Rutgers. In spite of the fact that the score was 41 to 6 in favor of Princeton, the coaches were discouraged at the appalling lack of co-operation between the backs and forwards that was evident. Only the phenominal work of the backs and the poor tackling of the Rutgers team rolled up the high score.

For the last two days the coaches have put in a substitute backfield, and have drilled the men in the rudiments of the game.