THE ALUMNI CIVIC SERVICE COMMITTEE.

The Alumni Civic Service Committee, which is asking the Seniors to register with it at their election today, represents at Harvard one of the most noteworthy of recent developments in the social service movement. The colleges have for some time been taking an important part in this movement through local agencies such as Phillips Brooks House; but all college men do not enter the work and many of those who do lose interest after being cut off from their undergraduate organizations. The Alumni Civic Service Committee is part of a project, described in another column, to prevent this training acquired in college from begin wasted after graduation. It is also designed to stimulate the undergraduate work and to interest men who have not taken part in the work in college. The project it represents is of immense significance and should command the attention of all college men. It is a new undertaking, though it has now passed the experimental state, and, in order to develop to its full possibilities, needs the co-operation of the student body. One of the most important considerations is the registration of the graduating classes, which is the purpose of the cards to be placed in Brooks House today.